Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm a ramblin' dog. . .

Hi everydoggy. Guess what? My humans and I are taking a long road trip to ARIZONA to meet my great gramma and some other family members. Mom hasn't seen Gramma in a few years and this will be my first time meeting her, so it's about time we head out there to say hi.
We're leaving on Monday morning (bright and early at 5:30am) to make the 12 hour drive to Tuscon, AZ. Of course we'll make plenty of pit stops and at least 2 one hour breaks for me to run around and see the sights of West Texas and New Mexico. 'Still, a 12 hour drive seems pretty long,' you might say. But not for me! I love riding in the car. The bumpier the better too! At first it's like a roller coaster ride until it lulls me to sleep and I pass out curled up in a ball. I'm not much of a 'ride halfway out the window dog' like some other guys I've seen on the road. My mom doesn't really like it when I do it, and besides - the wind messes up my fur.
I'm excited about getting there and meeting my family. I wonder what they're like and if they'll like me. I keep thinking about all of the fun things we might do while we're there. Maybe I'll meet a roadrunner! Mom says that they like it out there.
Have any of you doggies out there traveled to another city or state? What was it like? Was it a whole lot different?


PS. After reading this post, Daddy was upset that he wasn't mentioned at all, so I just wanted to say 'I love you, Dad!'

6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

How exciting for you Orion! My longest trip has been 3 hours in the car. I'm not fond of the highway -too boring but I love the backroads- more stuff to see and bark at! Have a great time! You'll be missed!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Peanut said...

Let me know how the trip goes and what I need to prepare for since I have a 35 hour drive to do in a few months

Lizzy said...

You must be so excited! I love car trips. I never get bored, I love watching all the scenery go by!

Have a great time!

Sparky

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a safe trip Orion it sounds like it's going to be fun!

River

Lizzy said...

Are you back yet? You should update!

Sparky

Anonymous said...

Hi, Orion! I was sniffin' around the dog blogs and found you. My Mom used to live in Texas, near Austin, and now she lives in Tucson, Arizona with ME!
I see you haven't posted in a while, so I hope you didn't get lost on your trip. Post if you get a chance!
Deuce