Saturday, May 12, 2007

Fun in the Sun

Hi everyone! I had such a great day yesterday. Mom, Dad, and I went to my cousin Hobbs' house and picked him up to go to the lake. Hobbs is a lab/dalmation/heeler mix (what a combo!) He likes to retrieve like me, but oh man does he like to herd! He's a really cool dude. We got to ride in the backseat together, but he took my spot! You see, I like to stick my head between the front seats so that I can see where we're going. And apparently, Hobbs likes to stick his head through the seats too. We argued over it for a little bit, but finally we reached an agreement.



After what seemed like forever, we arrived at the lake. It was such a gorgeous day outside - not too cool, not too sticky either - and the sun was shining brightly. We found the perfect spot right by the water. Hobbs seemed to think that I was too little to be out on my own, so he kept nipping at my heels and pushing me under the table. He ran really fast circles around me like this:


Hobbs ran around and and chased the ball into the water and even swam against the current for a little while.


I stayed under the table where it was safe. I like playing around and getting wet, but that big water was too much for little ol' me.

But I didn't want to stay under there for too long. Finally, I convinced Hobbs that I was a big boy and that I could take care of myself. So he said okay and let me come out and play with him . . . but he was never too far behind - watching over me and making sure that I was playing safely. I found a really cool stick and we played tag for a while.


Then he caught me and we rolled around and wrestled. GRRRRRUFFF!! Mom kept telling us to "be easy" and "play nice", but come on now - we're rough and tumble boys!


After a couple of hours of fun, Mom and Dad started packing up and said that we needed to get going. I really didn't want to because I was having fun and I didn't want to drop Hobbs back off at home. He's my bestest buddy, now.

When we got to the car, Hobbs thought HE would drive us home.

Mom talked to him and convinced him that it would probably be best if he let Dad drive us home. After all, he'd been drinking a lot. WATER, of course.

It was a good thing she did, because as soon as we hit the road, both of us knocked out and took a looooooong nap.


We took Hobbs home and then headed home ourselves with lots of memories (and pictures!) from the day. Hobbs really is a good friend of mine now and I can't wait to see him again. All you doggies out there: Who's your best friend?

Until next time, Take care!

1 comment:

Peanut said...

Looks like you had lots of fun there. My best friend doggie friend is Flash of course but my best human friend is my boy.